Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, May 23, 2005

Don't Try This At Home Kids...

Today in class I have to do a diary presentation about my weekend. Unfortunately for the students, its a severe watering down of the truth.
Saturday
-(presentation) In the morning I went to the supermarket. I bought many things.
(Truth: after vegetating under my duvet until 1 in the afternoon listening to the clash loud enough to really tick my neighbours off i wobbled on my bike to the poor excuse for a supermarket still a bit pissed from the night before shannanagans. There I bought enough alcohol to get George Best fearing for his new liver, a few ice lollies and some dangerous looking snacks laden with chemicals for later.)
-In the afternoon I talked with my friends.
(After my friends faffed around we played complicated drinking games, watched obnoxious american comedy and took the piss out of each others sunburn)
-At night I went to a party.
(At gotcha I did my best to avoid my co-workers, drank various nasty mixes of alcohol, danced like a lunatic and instigated a limbo competition that probably caused several people to have lasting back problems)
-Then I went to karaoke. I sang many songs.
(We smuggled alcohol into the karaoke rooms rather than pay the extortionate prices they charge and I hogged the mike doing ear splitting "versions" of Kate Bush, Ash, Evenessence and Disney songs complete with improvised dance "interpretation." So entertaining paul slept through the whole thing.)
-It was an interesting day.
(It was a fun day. I accomplished nothing other than the legacy of a hangover only stuffing my face with greasy barbaqued meet could cure on Sunday.)

5 Comments:

At 2:14 pm, Blogger Dan said...

Hilarious George Best comment. Sometimes you have to bullshit to teach some English in this country. Just tell the kids to not be so fucking inquisitive.

 
At 3:17 pm, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Disney is spreading like the plague in this ken.

I'm so sorry I missed out on this "very interesting" day.

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger Kat said...

Disney is indeed a favourite in the guch. I think this is (with brits anyway) a product of being forced to watch it repeatedly in the throws of early childhood. However me and Lauren were told to keep our beautiful Aladdin rendition "in Yanai" by some vertain New Zealanders...the plague has its fighters!

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Lauren said...

Kat..I think people might have to hear our "'Be Our Guest" at some point though....that little gem cannot be confined to little old Yanai!!! Another fun weekend honey...thanks!

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Sarah said...

well you didn't lie to your students..i'll give you that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home