Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, June 13, 2005

KA- Karaokotics Anonymous (or Kat's Addiction)

Thanks everyone for moseying on down to good old Yanai for my impromptu chilli fest on Saterday. It was really nice to have a house full of people for a change! Reminded me of my uni days (without the binge drinking.) Kirk cooked like a man possessed for about three hours. Everyone brought delightful snacks. (I'm still finishing them off -one of the clear advantages of being a hostess.) The weekend was also marked by two trips to Karaoke. Thats six hours I did Karaoke for last week, possibly more time than I spent in lessons. How disgraceful. My name's Kat and I have a problem.
But Karaoke has so many levels: Tuesday nights visit was a pissed up shouty group effort with a few Japanese songs thrown in thanks to Aaron's co-worker and partner in crime Aiji("best teacher in Japan, come on baby.") It was also Dave's (Aarons visiting freind) first karaoke experience. So really it was my duty to go and show him the way. Plus I'm much more willing to attempt dramatic high songs with 5 beers in me. Friday was a chilled out sober affair with Loz. We need to uphold these practise seshions to impress other people with our harmonies when they visit. Plus Lauren can actually sing so I can sing quietly with her and it sounds good. Much Disney songs were renditioned. Saturday me Kirk and Angela made it through a lot of 90s grunge. The man who works in Party knows my name now.
Dan recently wrote that I treat Karaoke like a sport...this is probably true. Certain rules have to be upheld. Don't hog the mike/do too many songs other people dont know and be enthusiastic. This is the key to fun Karaoke. When I get back to England I must get back into the habit of calling it "kary-okee." How pretentious I will seem otherwise...I blame my addiction of the lack of clubs. What else is there to do in Yanai after hours? Plus its cheap, its marginally exercise. This meeting has come to a close. I'll try to cut down.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 pm, Blogger Lauren said...

I think I might have to join you in that group! But it's just so much fun...and addictive!! Let's go again soon! Loz xx

 
At 12:18 pm, Blogger Rosie said...

love it Kat, please keep the practise up so you can wow us on Saturday night for Dan's extravaganza. And have you ever done Korean karaoke...?
see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home