Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Quiet One...

I've recently been wondering if the party girl I used to be has gone AWOL. At Uni and back in Manchester I earned myself titles as "Stella Bird" "Human Barrell" and "That Girl Makes Everyone Else Drunk." I even was part of the "5AM Crew." However I fear that this zeal is being slowly trickling out of me to the point where in a couple of years, I will have turned into my mother. (Half a shandy at Christmas that gets me wankered and in bed by 9pm always as if ordered there by Nazis.)
In Osaka I was up for some nighttime fun but was so drained by our frantic schedules that I was in bed before midnight most nights. Louise and Selena put me to shame partying all night and managing Universal Studios the next day. But the strange thing is that when they told me about their night I wished I had the energy of course but didn't regret my decision to stay in. It simply was the best way to get the most out of our theme park day. I never used to have such practicality embedded within me. I think I'm becoming...whats the word? Oh yeah, sensible.
This scares me a bit. Makes me feel old. I used to have boundless enthusiasm for going out, saw it full of possibilities-you could meet someone amazing, hear an fabulous new band, gain some injuries, laugh till your stomach hurt ect ect. I do realise these possibilities still exist. But now I dash the scope for fun and face up to the fact that when you go out you're most likely to get ripped off/feel inadequate/get claustraphobic/meet someone sleazy and socially awkward ect ect.
This weekend the plan was to go to Hagi for a beach party. But I simply fancied some down time doing ---- all without any hassle. My inner voice shouting "you boring sod" doesnt get as much attention as he used to. So I had some great food and interesting conversation with Angela on Friday and attended a very low key acoustic night at Gotcha on Saterday that was about as rocking as Rolf Harris knitting. (The acoustic stuff, not Angela. She's as rocking as Rolf Harris ruling the world.) No inappropriate people, no falling over, no liver damaging. And I enjoyed it. I liked being sober and together and lucid. I've been listening to belle and sebastian and the magic numbers. My Korn and Sex Pistols cds are getting dusty on my shelf. Some new nicknames will have to be given. Or hopefully my lust for life will be rekindled...Maybe the next post will be a back to basics "rolling around in the dirt drunk" type recap. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

there is nothing wrong with being lazy and staying home..just don't let it happen again, missy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home