Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Friday, June 17, 2005

Something for the Weekend...

I feel sorry for my co-workers when I ask them if they have anything planned for the weekend and they say "yes...club practise." or occasionally "i will sleep!" One of the things I love about Japan is the infinate possibilities of passtimes-you can do something outdoorsy like hiking, something cultural like visiting a shrine, study, travel, shop, dvd binge, ectect. At home it was pretty much always given-pub/club/tv/take away. I'd never think "ooh I'll go to visit Buckinghamshire for the weekend" or something like I do here. I think I've seen more of Japan than I have of England. All the different parts of this country seem to have somthing different to offer.
Even though life has got about as normal as it can living in a foreign country I still feel the need to make the most of being in Japan- Okinawa (tropical island) and Hokkaido (freezing, good for skiing) are next on my list whilst I'm convinced the majority of my students have never left Yamaguchi-ken.

However, within this never ending scope for "making every moment count" it is sometimes very tempting to do absolutely nothing. Procrasterbating-revelling in the void. Nice.

This weekend brings a familiar drive up to Hagi to see the north-side crew and celebrate Dan's birthday. This week has brought an unpresidented amount of birthdays in the guch-are you all pod people? Anyway Happy Birthday to Christine, Jamie, Neal, Dan and Gillian! The choice has been made to eat and drink far too much...I feel its going to be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home