Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, August 08, 2005

"Hard Gay Play tomorrow?"and other stories...

After the initial nuttiness of kencho the weekend actually shaped up to be rather fab! Sarah came to visit me which was great as always and we had an ace time indulging in visiting my favourite restaurants (Taiwania and Chodori Dining) beaching it and going to the Iwakuni festival. Highlights also included watching several dads attempting to get their young kids into the water without much success at the beach and an old women in the sea wearing a raincoat (with her hood up.) Only in Japan....Much bitching, reminiscing, dirty talk and predicting was had. She would fit right in with my pals back home. I'm kidnapping you and dragging you to Manchester after JET Sarah!
Anyway after much deliberating I ended up going to another fireworks festival in Hikari last night. ..and I'm very glad I did. I love the chilled out party atmosphere at these things as well as the j-folk dressed up so cute in their yukattas. But the real highlight last night was hanging out with 4 lovely j-girls. We managed to get by in their broken English and my terrible Japanese and ended up having much fun. I love the way that you discuss everything about your life with Japanese people the first time you meet them whereas its all random crap with people who speak your own language! I now know where they live, their jobs, ages, living arrangements, favorite food, animals and colours, where they have visited in Japan and what kind of men they like. I don't know if I could say the same of the new Jets I've been hanging out with for 2 weeks!
We also met some random j-boys who took a liking to Mark by saying "hard gay?" and then the afore mentioned classic quote "gay play tomorrow?" Amazing how these bad ass boys cant speak any English apart from "sex friend?" and "oh my god" ( I also got a "hello...sex girl." once at Yanai bowling alley. Classic.) Also met some Taiwanese people who are studying Japanese here. It was weird cos they could speak English and Japanese and Tammy was talking to them in mandarin. Internationalization ne!
I sometimes forget what a mixed bunch it is over here. At the moment my Jet friends are all over the place-Loz back in blighty, Ellen in aus, Dan and Rosie in NZ, Christine in Canada, Kirk Aaron and Angela back in the states...I cant fathom it!

3 Comments:

At 3:48 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

How are the new Iwakuni people? I should give them my guacamole recipe.

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Lauren said...

Hey Kat! Just got back from Asda! Oh the choices! It's great to be back...but really weird. Having cottage pie for tea tonight! Yum! Will e-mail you soon. Loz xx

 
At 3:12 pm, Blogger Kat said...

angela, carl (your replacement i think...)is super fun and crazy (he can walk on his hands!) hope you're enjoying the delights of home...same goes for you loz, yanai misses u! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home