Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, September 26, 2005

Shananagans in Shikoku



This weekend was a right rollocking fun fest driving, swimming, onsenning and exploring around Shikoku. Sarah, Chris, Victoria and I tackled Iya Valley, The Cape and Kochi City, taking in some breathtaking scenery and generally relaxing and having a laugh! Highlights included swimming in a river around huge rocks and waterfalls in the middle of a gorge, braving a bridge made of vines (not quite Indiana Jones but made me brick it nonethless!) sampling the local specialties like fish on a stick and special soba, going to an onsen so far down the gorge you had to take a cable car, witnessing the biggest waves I've ever seen and lots of hot J-surfers, car games galore and coffee/sickness induced delarium. Lovely stuff.



I made up my mind to see as much of Japan as I could and so far I've been lucky enough to have friends to orchestrate it all for me! Sarah was a top organiser and thanks to her we didnt get lost of confused even once-and she was ill! Good skills smac. Now that I've done whistlestop tours of Kyushu and Shikoku I can safely say that they're both amazing places to visit with a far more chilled out vibe than Honshu and the best scenery. I only wish I had more time in the places we went (or glanced at!) but it was a perect long weekend all in all!

1 Comments:

At 4:37 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

So jealous... No I mean envious. Looks wonderful and amazing. Seems you had a great time. Now there is only Hokkaido and Okinawa to go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home