Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, October 03, 2005

Only In Japan

Today I...
-Ate a kiwi with chopsticks.wrongwrongwrong. I had no choice as being the caring ALT I am I gave me highly in demand spoon to a student.
-Got asked to "please help" with a class of three students who are "shy." It seems that these three 3rd year girls are more socially awkward and self concious than "normal." Unusual for 14 year olds, that! The japanese "solution" is to put them in their own little room everyday where they do worksheets on their own. Off the top of my head I introduced myself, talked about poricura and karaoke and played pictionary and the thumb game with them. They were lovely girls, a damn sight more friendly and reactive than a lot of the "normal" students. This place boggles my mind sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home