Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

To Do List

Buzzing about my upcoming trip home. Hoping to complete the following:
-Go to a comedy club
-Go to a gig (be it for a decent band or any old crap)
-Watch soaps and drink tea
-Wear shoes inside (haha!)
-NOT bore people about japan too much
-NOT argue with my mother (hmm lets see how that goes)
-Go shopping. many times.
-Talk about something filthy knowing someone os over hearing in a public place(sam and lu, up for a repeat preformance of pizza express last year..or was it the year before?was so gross my brother left and game his food to a tramp haha)
-Sink back into my native tongues and use phrases like "do you want owt or nowt?" as much as possible
-Piss in a bin
-Go to a beer garden in the afternoon and last the whole day
-Eat beans, bacon, cadburys chocolate, cornflakes (with propher milk!) and walkers crisps until they ooze out of my ears and eye sockets
-Take lots of pictures of things Japanese people will find funny/shocking (just about everything then)
-See lots of films
-Dance until I pass out at an indie club/in my house/in ashton market, wherever really
-Spend lots of times with my lovely pals
-Make an effort to see my family, even the mean ones noone likes/talks to
-Not get angry when my gran says things like "oooh dont they eat raw dog in china?"ect
-Oblige in the traditional after pub kebab/pizza/puke
-Go and watch a footie game
-Cook something japanesey for my family even though they won't eat it
-Not slip any Japanese into the conversation (unless by demand/totally by accident/intoxication)
-Have a bath in a propher bath
THE END! any you feel I've overlooked, do tell!

6 Comments:

At 10:57 pm, Blogger mashio spillip said...

AH, beer gardens - Heaven on earth!
Have one for me.

 
At 4:23 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

The karaoke selection was not as good in Austin. But Kirk found many of his standards.

I didn't know you were going home. Don't puke, pass out, and piss in a bin on the same night.

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

i can't wait to hear of stories from your mom and grandma upon returning!

 
At 2:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! As good old Droylsden High School would sing...(it's like)"Learning to be English, in a jolly old english way. We'll mind our P's and Q's and muse on places far away..." Think Mr Tupman and a bad german accent! I can't wait for you to touch down, my newly painted banner is drying as we speak!x

 
At 1:56 pm, Blogger Kat said...

matt-ill have more than one luv
sarah-heres a good one in a an email from my mum the other day- "i read an article about a women who taught english in japan for two years in japan then rescued homeless dogs. dont let this happen to you" (?!)
spamala-worryingly i remember most of the words to that song too! ill do my best luv!

 
At 8:15 am, Blogger . said...

Nice list. I too am returning to the nest this Christmas as I have already spent two Chrissies here in Nippon. Mate a kebab would be awesome right now. My list will differ somewhat as it will be summer.... :P

Thanks for the nickname....I think? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home