Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Top Five Things That f&ck Me Off About Japan

1. THE RULES. Got an idea that may make things a billion times easier but involves changing things? Suggest it and expect a Japanese persoon to look at you like you've just come into their house and pissed on their kids.
2.THE GOMI. You can only throw that pen away on the 18th Tuesday in Septober if its raining you fool!
3.THE CONSTANT APOLOGISING. How "hello its Kat" can be stranslated into "excuse me...please...sorry...pardon me for entering your space...i am healthy thanks to you...please allow me the pleasure of licking your feet in a pond of grime forever, thank you. So about tomorrows lesson...."
4.FISHY THINGS. Think you're safe from fish flakes/flavouring/intestines ordering a pizza/bread roll/POSTCARD? Think again.
5.SUDDEN MOOD SWINGS. "oyahooo goazaimasu!!" (cheerful...death stare) "sign this." Suddenly the uber serious granite faced sensei is pogoing at an enkai lapping sake from a bowl like a cat (true story!) Why can't people show their true colours here?

Note-most of the time I love this country and realise how much its culture makes sense compared to England, just felt like a rant)

8 Comments:

At 1:53 pm, Blogger J-girl said...

It sounds like you are having a bad day. I've been there.

Anyway, I saw your new avatar and think it's adorable! How were you when the picture was taken?

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger Lauren said...

Cute piccy my dear! Yey...Kat finally has a rant about Japan! Whooohooo! they're very rare, so I'll treasure this one!

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Kat said...

cheers guys! think i was about 6 in the pic...and lauren, i rant siliently in my head all the time but i usually quell it with "you could be in a crappy office job back home" today, however, i felt the need to get a few things off my chest! thank you and goodnight.

 
At 6:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like point 4! ...you know you wouldn't have a crappy office job-we're going to be cool rock journo's remember?! x

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a shitty couple of days for albeit chigau reasons. Today, due to some grief I hated all things japan. tell you when i see you. ;)
Steph

 
At 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! Kat, you should get in a dark mood more often. By the way, what sick bastard breaks the neck of a 6 year old? Who did it?????
Ross

 
At 1:51 pm, Blogger Kat said...

samchan-hasn't that 15year old ship kind of sailed? if someone had told us we'd both end up teaching I'm sure we'd be horrified back in the good old hanging around hyde park drinking days...
steph hope youre ok mate, sure some ridiculous games and self inflicted pain on saturday will cheers you up!
and ross, it was that weird long eyelashed creature from seaseme street, i swear...snoffuloful or whatever...

 
At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in hope that I'll wake up and will have a. won the lottery b. have a size 8 dress size and c. a job that doesn't involve telling kids to take their socks off every 5 minutes! Don't crush the rock journo dream for me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home