Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Redressing the balance



It could have been something in the water, it could have been the excuse of a birthday, it could have been the influence of Steph "only not drinking when I'm asleep" SpastiKannie, but this weekend was one my most debauched in a bloody long time.
Something to tell the grandkids part 1: Lost in Tokuyama.
Seenas my sense of directions is flawed at the best of times, (and when I say flawed I mean like a angry fly with cataracts) its no surprise that completely pissed at 4am after a night of the usual JET tomfoolery (yakitori,drinking,dancing,spewing, passing out...and karaoke) I had a few problems finding Hannah's house. It started with a taxi but ended with me wandering around like a lost orphan for a bit. Then I decided that walking back to the station was the best idea seenas it was 5 am and the trains are early. However I somehow lost my way (funny that!) but lights were on the horizon! A fishing shop! Thank god for blood sports! They rang me a taxi and I realised I had been walking in completely the wrong direction. After going to bed at 7am I slept till 4 then geared myself for another allnighter...

Part 2: Who needs the city when you've got Yanai?
Somewhere between my repeated beer and secret spilling (possibly the most interesting game of I have never...ever) we resolved to not bother going to the indie night I had been so excited about. This pattern of getting so f*cked on friday night that you can't function for the main even on Saturday I would like to call "tripping before you've even got off your knees." Anyway Gotcha was brimming with J-Gangstars of the furry hood bandana breakdancing variety. mad dope. I couldnt have been more out of place unless I was taking part in a aurienteering exercise in Bulagaria. But! As most unplanned random ramshackle nights go it ended up a winner as me and Steph got chatted up by some random dudes who were a top laugh. Yes funny friendly j-guys (who speak English!) are out there girls! Although my view may have een slightly hightened in retrospect...
After all this intoxication I was coecened into more drinking on Sunday (how rare is it that I'm the one being made to drink? people back home back me up! steph and matt are heathens...and absolute troopers!;)
BUT the madness ends in Monday as I worked my arse off at school and then went out to dinner with this absolute nutter. They're a curious breed over here-the English speaker who's completely nuts and loves foreigners. He'd been hounding everyone to go out with him (quite literally-he even went to Ross' school!) I took pity on this dude and met him for ramen hoping that someone else would have caved but no-just me!(completely old and harmless by the way..but defintiely a few screws loose!!) He greeted the hostess with "She is from Great Britain!" (cringe!) and took me on a "tour" of Yanai ("this is the bank, this is the post office"cheers mate I've been here 15 months!!) It was then I begged Lauren to come and meet/save me and we indulged in some amusing karaokes.
Hence I felt I had redressed the balance somewhat by giving something back to Japan in spending time with its oddballs after gorging on its more lowbrow delights over the past three days. Now I just need to volenteer for the blind and properly sort my gomi and things will be fine...

4 Comments:

At 7:36 am, Blogger . said...

Part 1: You nong insisted on going to Hannah's when Christine's was just up the road. Don't you stamp your foot at me. ;)

Part 2: That was probably one of the most obscene and vulgar Never have I Ever games played ever. I just knew that things were gonna get lairy. Hehe. I'll never view Keitai's in the same "light" again. May there be more like it.
Glad to know I am a positive influence on you chook. ;P

 
At 3:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger . said...

ooh I wonder what the post said. Bugger.

 
At 11:29 pm, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Sweet, your writing is really nice in this particular entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home