Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Decisions...

...I'm off!

Sorry for my previous listing blog...I hadn't lost the ability to think for myself and found the somewhat dubious ability to resort to lists to make important decisions, just wanted to throw the whole issue out there and see what people who were going through the same thing/know me well had to say. Thanks for all the comments anyway.
In the end, the clincher was thinking about things I could be doing next year. There seemed to be so many possibilities that i knew staying in Japan would be a soft/lazy option for me. I think I've gotten everything I wanted/needed out of the experience (which is A LOT!) and I'm ready for the next adventure. Hence I pledge to live the next six months to the full, enjoying Japan for all its worth and giving it a proper sayonora. I will be sad to leave, like really sad but thats only a testimate to how much fun I had here and the quality of pals I made (erk this is turning into some sort of weepy speech already-sorry!) plus, as many people have said, its better to leave on a high than a "get me out of here" type feeling.

As for what kat does next I'm planning on "doing" Oz for a bit (hmm till the money runs out) and then next who knows-back to uni/work exp/America/Asia...keep tunes to find out! ~_^

5 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watashi mo sooo desu ne!!!!

Come to NZ too! If youre going that way - why not?

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Kat said...

you're going after only a year pete? my school won't let me check your blog because of "prohibited content" haha! and NZ is a maybe...

 
At 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that'd be right :-)...Too many F**ks and s**ts. Yeah, only a year I think. I guess I still have a few days to change my mind but I doubt it. Honours and PhD awaits - YAY :-). Ill be in London right after JET if you live anywhere near?

Pete

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Oh omedetou... I think. It feels good to make a decission after thinking so hard for so long. It will be nice to leave together; you, Loz and me...

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger Kat said...

aaargh im a bit scared about leaving now. I know its the right thing though. Pete I live in manchester which is 3 hours north of London (ish) but I could be spending some time there. who knows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home