Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, January 16, 2006

Xmas in Igirisu..Part 4. London

I try to deny it, its against my northern alliances, they don't have gravy, I hate the Queen BUT I must admit it...I love London!
Spent my time there going to a couple of art gallaries (arty) having fun in Watford with Si and his fab mates and family (party) and meeting up with people from uni. (smarty!) Somewhere around 20 people managed to come out to Covent Garden for a wee Warwick reunion where great Spanish food, lots of drinks (including black sambucca-evil!!) and catching up was to be had. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and hearing what they're up to...some people have really impressive jobs and flats-again made me feel like I'm not really an adult but more a daft teenager who hangs out with the big kids...the most exciting news was that my pals and ex-housemates Ryan and Holly are engaed-a huge congrats kampai (cheers!)to you two!! I hope I can arrange similar shindigs in the future for the uni lot as everyone seemed genuinly happy to see each other and interested in what everyone was doing. None of the ritual "so-how-are-you-im-not-really-interested" type conversations!
The cosmopolitan, international feel was a plus and Simon and I enjoyed a game of "guess the nationality" as we walked around central London. After the uniform culture of Japan I was loving this! I felt like I was seeing it with fresh eyes and really appreciating the variety of food, sights, arcitecture and of course nightlife! ;)

1 Comments:

At 7:09 pm, Blogger bec said...

hey Kat!! sorry i missed your party, just so far away from distant shimonoseki unfortunately!! anyway, glad to read you had fun in old blighty!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home