Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dame desu...

With this cold winter and lack of funds after xmas, the video shop can seem like your best friend (after 7eleven of course.) After watching everything reasonably good (which doesn’t take long) you may flirt with the selection of random, bewildering titles theat you’ve never heard of or are in Japanese only...I certainly have but I'm here, dear reader, to save you from some terrible atrocities.
.
DO NOT, unless you want to pollute your brain with awful awful tripe ever watch these "films"...

Rating system:
* almost watchable
** makes you sign at your wasted 200yen
*** Highly irratating
**** As good as a poke in the eye with a pointy thing
***** sperm of satan. You'd rather vomit blood through your eyeballs.

Must Love Dogs
Sappy, cliche, terrible. Not even saved by John Cusack. Makes pulling out your eyelashes seem quite enjoyable. ***
Beware of the Neighbour
I was fooled into renting this as it had Drew Barrymore and Ben Stiller in it. They must have been on crack when they agreed to be in this plotless humourless rubbish. **
I'm With Lucy
Again, I was fooled by Gael Garcia Bernal (the hottest man on earth) being on the cover. But not only did he have a tiny part, the film was so frivolous and unfunny it made Bridget Jones look like Battle Potempkin. ****
Cold Mountain
Jude law's shocking attempt at a American accent is almost as bad as Nicole Kidmans costumes. ***
Full Frontal
An interesting idea that was executed so badly you'll be decide Japanse TV isnt that bad after all. **
le Divorce
Meandering. Average. *
Sideways
Catching an STD seems preferable ***
Catwoman
Just say nooooooo! Just when you think it cant get any worse, she said "purrrfect" 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back. *****

9 Comments:

At 4:32 pm, Blogger J-girl said...

"Catching an STD seems preferable"? I definitely won't be watching that one then! YIKES!

 
At 6:18 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Hey... I hope you didn't got out and hire Catwoman. We actually paid money to see that at the cinema - it was bad then too.

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger J said...

sideways won like loads of oscars didn't it? it was a huge movie last year, and cold mountain too, that was renee's oscar movie...
if you don't like them, avoid brokeback mountain!

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Kat said...

Cindi perhaps I was exaggurating for effect...i mean a easily treatable STD ~_^
haha i actually want to see bareback Mountain, it looks quite good! But Sideways was awful i thought...it was like going to dinner with someone utterly boring who wants to convince you how sensative they are...glad to see you're enjoying NY jo X
ceepee will miss you at the party ;_; have a good rest mate X

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

is I'm with Lucy the one where he pretends to be in love with her but really he is making a film??

 
At 3:03 pm, Blogger Kat said...

i like penguins
sarah- nah thats "dot the i" which is actually quite good eh...I'm with lucy has that duckface women in it who was in "Martha meet Daniel, Lawrence..." ect

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger bec said...

so true, i have a new-found love for the video shop, can rent 3 old movies for just 2 pounds 50!! yey videos!! i have the kill bill duo lined up for tonight...!

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I'm still recovering from the headache I got after I watched 30 minutes (and only those thirty minutes) of Sideways. And I watched that blasted-waste-of-my-money DVD back in August.

Oh, and ditto on Must Love Dogs. STUPID. I actually PAID to see that at the theater. One of the worst $7 spent in my life.

 
At 3:57 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Damn right on Jude Law having the worst American accent EVER. He was in I Heart Huckabees and it is truly distracting, it's so bad. I liked Cold Mountain and I Heart Huckabees regardless, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home