Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Harry bloody Potter



I stayed away from the mainstream universiality of Harry Potter for as long as I could, proclaiming him not a real wizard as he doesn't have a beard, heartily agreeing with Tom who sharply dubbed it all "The MacDonalds of reading."
But, christ, even Ian Brown likes it...and with the gentle encouragement of Loz (and being forced to watch it at school in class) I have now seen the first three films and am half way through the first book. *blushes* I have to admit...I like it. Its well written, colourful and enchanting. And though I stand by the view that its a shame that so many people have read it and never read any Karouac or Camus, they could have done far worse I spose. ^_^

Sidenote-When looking for a cute picture to put on this post I came across a rather disturbing internet trend called Fanslash or fanfic which is basically fans writing extended, imaginative (and often filthy) extended bits of fiction to accompany the books. Its pretty popular with bands like the libertines and Franz too and is usually written by girls, fantasising about gay couplings. Its stalkery, pure smut and brilliant. (Me and my pals lucy and sam were doing it when we were 15!haha) I was going to post a saucy and rather sinister digitalised pic of Harry and Malfoy in bed together but i resisted cos I thought it mignt traumatise certain people. ^_~

3 Comments:

At 7:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Never seen or read it, but this picture is kinda cool I thought. I forgot whose profile I found it under.

http://i.mugglenet.com/gothtrio.jpg

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Victoria said...

I too thought that Harry Potter was the McDonalds of reading and was completely against it for the first 3 books or so. And then the world trade center came down and my friend left the books in my room and I just sat there reading the first 3 in the course of a week... there is no denying it- they are entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home