Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Stick these on your playlist and smoke em...

...Inspired by Lauren's "tell me your must see films" I thought I'd post my must listen to classic tunes that, in my humble opinion, are essential to being a functional human being...(take heed pete and delete Be*Witched from your ipod forever)...

Part 1.The Basics

1. The Smiths- How Soon Is Now?
2. The Who- My Generation
3. Joy Division- Love Will Tear Us Apart*
4. The Pixies- Debaser
5. XTC- Senses Working Overtime
6. The Clash- Rock the Casbah
7. Radiohead- Paranoid Android
8. Oasis- Live Forever
9. The Stone Roses- I Am The Resserection
10. Nirvana- All Apologies
11. Pulp- Common People
12. Marvin Gaye-Heard It Through the Grapevine
13. Prince- Rasberry Beret
14. Flaming Lips- Buggin'
15. Roxy Music- Street Life
16. David Bowie- Changes
17. Blondie- Atomic
18. The Cure- Close To Me*
19. MJ-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
20. Buzzcocks-Ever Fallen In Love? (With Someone you Shouldn't)*
21. Talking Heads-Once In A Lifetime
22. The Doors-People Are Strange
23. Rolling Stones- Get Off My Cloud
24. The Sparks- This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us*
25. Manic Street Preachers- Motercycle Emptiness

*-If you're going to check out a couple, check out these

5 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classics!

 
At 11:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a bad list. The B*witched surprised me as much as it did you!! I like the list there. It`s pretty comprehensive. Not a big fan of blondie to be honest. "All apoplogies" is a good song as is "Get off my Cloud". I would have picked "Lake of fire" (for Nirvana) and "Angie" or "Wild Horses" for the Stones. But I think I`m being very picky on a VERY good list of songs!!!

Good shit :-)

Pete

 
At 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!! and on another note, I put my photo on the face recogniotion thing and got 73% Ben Stiller - The guy that does the Blue Steel pose I`m so fond of. I must say I wasted a hell of a lot of time on that website.

Keep up with the posting of "time wasting" websites. They`re really very cool.

Pete

 
At 2:10 pm, Blogger Kat said...

You do look like Ben Stiller!
"Lake of Fire" is a great song but its actually a cover of a Meat Puppets song and I woudnt want to include any covers...(although I do like them usually)
spamderella, glad you aprove mrs ^_^

 
At 3:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok fair call with the covers - Completely good reason not to include it. I actually didn`t know. I apologise for my ignorance :-)!

Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home