Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things I Will Miss About Japan #3

PORI KURA!!!!!
What the bugger is that? You may ask...well its a kooky little passtime mainly enjoyed by junior high school kids...and us gaijin (foreigners.) You gather in a neon booth adorned with phrases like "love sugar honey" and take inspiration from the robotic giant eyed models on the wall. Their examples ranges from pretending to be cats to pretending to kiss, to be scared, to be confused, all super kawaii in a immaculately groomed kind of way. I usually shout out emotions like "suprise!" and "fear" to inspire some stupid poses. The Japanese machine shouts out "hai, cheesu" and other random things before you choose your best four. After you can decorate your pictures at the side of the booth with magic pens adding writing, stamps, stickers, backgrounds ect. Tackorama basically and a great way to commemorate a birthday, trip, day out or thursday, whatever. And they're stickers. mint.
Heres some of my favourites from the last 18 months ^_-












































6 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I am gonna miss it too...
PURIKURA ROCKS!!!

 
At 7:53 am, Blogger J-girl said...

You beat me to it! ARGH!!! ~_^

 
At 9:50 am, Blogger Lauren said...

Thinking about life without those gaudy little sticker-photos, makes me wanna cry!!...or maybe it just makes me realise that leaving Japan is for the best before I become even more addicted to things of the cute and tacky variety! I LOVE PURIKURA!!!!! Long live the neon booths!

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Kat said...

haha I remember you telling me your pals at home thought it was weird how excited you were about them loz! we'll have to make up for leaving by taking shitloads before the end!
jagaimo-haha *evil cackle*

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Man, I forgot how hot your friend Simon was. I hope he doesn't read this blog...that would be a little embarrassing.

...uh, hey Simon!

 
At 2:28 pm, Blogger Kat said...

haha funny you should say that angela as I was thinking he looks a little bit less than hererosexual in that particluar porikura!haha only joking simbo (although i dont think he reads this blog...to busy chasing skirt ^_~)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home