Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Friday, April 28, 2006

Final "To Do" List

When I got here I made a list of stuff I wanted to complete while i was here. I'm pretty pleased with the amount of mad shit I've done in the last 20 months.^o^ This, roughly,was my list:

-Go to watch Sumo (done in fukuoka, much shouty fun)
-Mail in Japanese (done several hundred of times, probably badly)
-Learn all the level 3 kanji (pretty much done^_^)
-Try shodo (done and enjoyed in a class last year)
-Dressed as a maiko (done with my pals in kyoto. i'll spare you the photos. pretty fun though)
-Party in Tokyo (done and done)
-Visit Shikoku and Kyushu (yep. both fab trips)
-Go to a mixed onsen (done in kurakawa. of course i had a peek)
-Get drunk on sake only (done, bloody nasty hangover)
-Try natto (done. seriously ming)
-Wear a yukatta (done to the party last year-bring on the next!)
-Read some manga (done with the help of a dictionary/japanese person!)
-Visit other Asian countries (does korea count?)
-Sing Japanese songs at karaoke (done...again badly. I'm not being modest)
-Go skinny dipping in the Japanese sea (done on Oshima last summer)
-Try Japanese pottery (done in hagi last year...my bowl was pretty pants)
-Pull a Japanese boy (its not that hard)
-Stay in a love hotel (don't get excited...unrelated to the previous one-it was with sarah!haha)
-Go to Universal Studios (sooo much fun)
-See a Japanese band live (done many times at summer sonic. madness.)
-Go to a tea ceremony (done...zzz)
-Be able to read all the menu (done more or less I reckon)
-Have sushi/sashimi for breakfast (done. as bad as it is any other time of the day)

************************************************************

I will leave this crazy island I've come to call home in about 3 months. In the meantime I hope to accomplish the following:

-Stay in a Capsule Hotel.
-Wear a yukatta to a summer festival
-Play Pachinko
-Eat Fugu (surely i owe it to yamaguchi ken)
-Climb Mt.Fuji (!)
-Host another Gotcha party
-Get good references for future jobs (surely Japanese people are the ideal people to give you a perfect reference!)
-Try a curry donut
-Go to some sort of comic/manga event
-Go to Okinawa (hmm looking unlikely)

Any more suggestions please suggest!! onegai shimasu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home