Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Off Our Tits on Tokyo!

For most people, Tokyo brings images of neon madness, urban sprawl, crazy fashion, getting cattle herded into trains, seedy used knicker pantie machines and high class hotels.Generally its thought of as a manic kitschy paradise/hell. deshou? Well I'd like to say I saw the real Tokyo and theres much more ot it. But that would be bollocks!Tokyo is bloody mental! Its madder than a imaginery friend convention! Theres more people crowding round a coffee machine at 4 am in harajuku than have been in Yanai-ever!The neon is brighter than the sun! The people mostly are dressed like members of Kiss on crack! The clubs are...you get the picture. I did not sleep before 5am every night. I did not stop my hands shaking until I'd had a beer the following day. I did, however, have a stonkingly good time! I'm blaming it all on Keith and Nick....



And the mad Tokyo people of course...Harajuku was everything I expected-mega cute gothy teens hanging out attempting to look nonchalant when they'd obviously spent hours getting ready...




















Evidence:My Uni freind Stevie has been there over 10 months and he's got way more mental...








One particularly memorable night will go down in history as the most fun karaoke ever or the night we got the staff of big echo into a lot of trouble...












After this 4 day binge we headed to the Mount Fuji area to dry out. The cute little ryokan, clear air and tranquil walks were like vix vapour rub on my partied out limbs...












Something to tick off the list of things to do in Japan-we hitched! Its soo easy and safe here! ^_^







It was a fabulous 6 days away. But now I need to lie down in the recovary position for at least 12 hours. This nations capital-off its tits.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate! That looks miny! Wish I could've experienced a bit of that with you!!!!

 
At 10:14 pm, Blogger J-girl said...

Glad you had fun (and you're back blogging)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home