Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Plan



The end of my time here is coming faster than Japan's public transport. As always, I'm totally disorganised. Denial is a very useful coping mechanism.
One thing making the whole blurred process of speeches, flight arrangements, packages, selling, emotional goodbyes and enkais less overwelming is being excited about the next adventure- Australia! Me and Sarah-chan have decided to put off the inevitable going home and having a real life process by being scummy backpackers in Oz for a while. I've actualy wanted to so this for years, it looks bloody fun trekking across the country and seeing all the sights. Plus one of my best pals from uni, the lovely Nat is living in Sydney at the moment so I'm going to start my trip by staying with her and her fab boyf Ken for a bit (while Sarah goes home to see her family-wish I could do this but I can't afford the flights there and back) Yosh! Hope we can recreate our uni days of watching soaps in our pgyamas and dissecting evey aspect of our loves to the nth degree ^_^

Heres me and Nat when she came to Japan last year.
Luckily for British me I can work over there-casual stuff like bar work and fruit picking to finance the partying. I plan to stay anything from 5 months to a year, depending on cash and how much fun it is. I reckon Sarah wil be a mint travel companion as shes a) more sensible than me without being a killjoy "no kat you dont need to have that 12th beer..." b) up for doing mad stuff and c) will happily talk to strangers. I hope to provide energy and good ipod mixes to the partnership ^_~ In Oz I am looking forward to the following:
1. Clubs and pubs
2. Everyone speaking English
3. Nice weather
4. Mint shopping
5. Beautiful scenery
6. Nice beaches
7. The Neighbours set!!!!!!!!! (quite tragic. i bloody love Neighbours)
8. Big selection of food
9. Not having a propher job
10. Meeting loads of amd randoms
11. Gigs
12. Telling people I used to live in Japan!

9 Comments:

At 10:53 am, Blogger Sarah said...

i am pumped for Oz. thanks for making me sound great..you will an excellent travel buddy as well. we are going to have a blast!

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

13. Seeing Ellen!

If you want to see the set of Neighbours, I guess you will be coming to Melbourne. I have actually never been to Ramsey St!

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger J-girl said...

Sounds fun! BTW, thanks to you, "mint" has inadvertantly become part of my vocabulary--not that I'm complaining.

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger . said...

When do you get to Aus? I will prolly be there late August and for Chrissy.

You can see what I am like at home. ;)

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Kat said...

well excited.
ellen-looking forward to a expert guide to melbourne!
jg-haha its infectious eh! my mum even says it sometimes
steph-with any luck Ill be there when you are, probably will go towards the end of august and stay till xmasis...would be great to see you over there! XX

 
At 11:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will yo be in NZ - Just a stones throw form Aussie really!!!

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger bec said...

thats so aweosme!!! wow! you two will have SOOO much fun!!!! i love the backpacking life...ah i miss the backpacking life....

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Kat said...

becky-tips please!
pete-maybe going to NZ. I really want to but Im not sure if funds will stretch or if Ill have time...hopefully!

 
At 8:39 pm, Blogger bec said...

Just... enjoy each day you are there, expect the unexpected and know that the best times are the random spontanious ones!!! But I am sure you have already learned that in japan!! oh, and try a local ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home