Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Dark", "War" and "Cabbage"...

I had some interesting lessons today where the third year students at my base school wrote poems. They never fail to crack me up when they do this kind of creative writing but it was also quite a disturbing insight into a 14 year old Japanese students phyche.^.^
Some were simple and strangely cutting. I think Erin said it best when she commented that some of the most touching things she'd ever heard were written by japanese students as they cut through the wordiness of the native speaker to express the heart of the matter:

Today
Good Weather
Get Up
Good

Clouds
The white
And the grey
Floating in the sky
Mystery

Dream
Noone knows
was drowned in dream
Calmy

Some were a bit baffling...

Cabbage
Out of
Blue worm comes
"pi pi" father warm
Cute

Some were slightly disturbing...

Dark
Broken mind
Sad hard afraid
Fear from dark of
Fearful

Some were really quite moving...

War
I fear
Children baby elderly
Nucleur dissapear flame scream
Cry

and this is my personal favourite...

Toilet

Bad smelling
Giving wiping washing
I feel very good
Wonderful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home