Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Things I Will Miss about Japan #9- Speciality Food


I love the fact that Japan has special types of food for each place you visit. They're often delicious and at least interesting. It makes trips more fun as you know you have to try the local delicacy-if only because everyone will ask you about it later! Not only is this food beautifully presented and individually wrapped, its also sometimes seasonal and often culturally significant.
My time here in Japan I have visited Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kurakawa, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Yakushima, Tokushima, Ehime, Matsuyama, Oita, Saga, Kagoshima and Tottori- phew! (Not to mention all over the 'guch) And I've enjoyed trying their different specialities-even if they were gross (not really a fan of any of the sweet bean paste stuff) It's forced me to broaden my pallette (who knew I would love takoyaki-octopus balls!)
Above is a picture of famous Japanese local specialities depicted through the meduim of cartoon cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home