Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Friday, August 18, 2006

"Honto ni owari ne!"

...This is what the customs dude said to me when he took me gaijin card away. I am no longer an foreigner in Japan. Strangely enough my last night in Japan kind of reminded me of my first night in Japan...a lot of wondering if i'd made the right decisions and unsure of the next step...this is partly due to the juxtaposition of an amazing week in Tokyo!
Me and the sisterhood (ha!) crammed in a helluva lot of activity, the motto being "I see a boundary-I eat a boundary!" ( well this was my motto anyway...certainly helps explain why i was throwing myself around people singing "you were always on my mind" at 10pm in Shibuya!) We did the kitsch stuff-ie disneyland, a ninja restaurant, the massive toy shops, harajuku. We did the (kind of ) traditional stuff-ie a rickshaw ride, visiting onsen world (a delight!)having propher japanese food for the last time. And then we did the debauched stuff-playing spin the keitai in a posh bar, nomihodai karaoke, drinking in public, drinking before noon, clubbing till 5.
We got to meet a host of interesting strangers, as well as old favourites like Lee, Matt(he certainly got his money worth!) and my old uni pal stevie ^_^ I guess the week was all the things I love about japan-anything can happen and it almost always did with hella fun results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home