Stumbleina

Traumas, Tribulations, Travels and Tomfoolery Down Under

Monday, August 28, 2006

Sydney is my Bitch!


view from the zoo
Originally uploaded by NekkoChan.

Since I arrived in the land of Oz I have done the following:
-Cycled over the harbour bridge
-Visited Sydney Zoo
-Visited Hunter Valley Winerys
-Walked from Coogee beach to Bondi
-Shopped at about 15 various markets
-Drank on manly Wharf
-Visited Luna Park (old style amusement park)
-Visited China Town
-Taken a Boat Tour
-Explored "the Rocks" (touristy old style area)
-Been to a hip downtown club you needed an invitation to get into where everyone was on coke
-Drank at the scummy studenty/backpacker clubs
-Had a manicure and pedicure (haha! i'm such a lady who lunches)
Thanks to nat and ken knowing the place well after being here for a year and a half and being willing to drive me around, I feel like I've "done" a pretty big chunk of Sydney. I love the place. It reminds me of England just enough for me to feel at home with the added foreigness to make me feel like I"m on holiday. Its varied, cosmopolitan, international, exciting and hip. I could seriously live here.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Now I definately think you won't like Melbourne. Most people love either ne or the other. I think you will have a BIG soft spot for Sydney forever cause it is the first place you have been and of course Nat is there.... Can't wait to see you down here though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home